Friday, December 5, 2008

smile

This morning was supposed to be the big event for Moss...the taking away of his manhood. But much to his luck it got so cold last night that my car wouldn't start this morning. I forgot to plug in the block heater the one night it finally got to below zero. I don't know if the battery is messed up or what, but either way, Moss has still got his stuff for another few days. And it looks like he's pretty happy about it...i just discovered that he smiles when i scratch him now! I thought it was so great, I had to share...


Anyway, not much else is goin on. I went on a walk today and it was beautiful as always...only it's really starting to get cold, not 'warm' like in the 30's. It was 5 degrees when I was trying to start my car this morning and I think the highest it got today was in the 20's. Which is nothin compared to what lies ahead...so I better figure out my car situation soon before I'm stranded somewhere freezing. 

I am a part of a small group that meets every week, which I'm pretty excited to be a part. It's been a very long time since I've been a part of one. We just started going through a workbook called God's Solution to Life's Problems, and it's really beneficial. Puts the authority and the Truth of Scripture in perspective. Which is very important!

I talked to one of my very very good friends today whom I haven't talked to in a while, and that was a blessing. Though I had to catch myself not being jealous or dreaming of traveling again right now. Her and her husband are meeting up with some friends in the desert soon. A few months ago I was talking to some other friends about meeting up in the desert for the winter. I was there last March/April and absolutely LOVED it, but wasn't able to stay there for too long. While traveling on my friends veggie bus we drove from Georgia to Holtville, CA at this amazing hot springs/oasis called the five palms, spent some time in Slab City, and a day at Joshua Tree before me and my traveling partner split off from the bus. When we arrived at the slabs, most of the 'snowbirds' (people who live there for the winter then go back home) had already left and I was looking forward to spending more time there this winter while there were a lot more people there and going back to Quartzite, Az where I spent some time 2 years ago. They have a huge swamp meet in this small town in the desert where travelers from all over come to camp in the bml land and work.......but obviously God had other plans for me. And instead of spending winter sweating in the warm desert sun, soon I will be up to my knees in snow! God sure does have a good sense of humor!

But there is a time and a place for everything. This isn't my time to travel. Right now, it is my time to be still and know that HE is God. Like I said, I don't know exactly why He brought me here, or how long I'll be here, or when I will be able to be on the road again, but I don't have to know! God is in control and He has a marvelous plan and that's all that matters. I think this winter is going to be one of growth and learning and it's not necessarily going to be easy, but it's necessary. And scary. I'm just going to have to keep in prayer and in the Word to keep my focus in the right place...not wishing I was somewhere else with someone else, which I tend to do a lot. When i was in Minneapolis a few months ago, I just couldn't wait to settle down in my own place...and now that I'm in my old place I'm missing places like Minneapolis and being 'free' to see friends whenever I wanted...  no matter where I'm at, unless I'm finding satisfaction in Christ, I will never EVER be satisfied in my situation. There will always be something better that I'll be wishing for or reaching for. I'm thankful that a friend reminded me of this verse not too long ago (which is not taped to my trailer door)...

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is like to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether living in plenty or in want."  Philippians 9:11-12

I pray that that will be my attitude wherever I'm at in life...

No comments: