Tuesday, December 2, 2008

winters coming

Photobucket

it's funny how since I moved here, i can now say that its 'warm' outside when its 30-40 degrees! and it's so true, compared to 5 degrees or lower, 30 does actually feel warm... like i dont have to put on my heavy jacket unless im going to be outside for a long time. It was snowing today for a bit, but was too warm to actually stick, but watching it fall was so beautiful.

I remember when I first got to Georgia last January...I was "freeeezing" when it was in the high 20s-30s outside. I just wasnt used to it at all. Now i'm sitting here waiting for it to get below zero already and to have feet and feet of snow on the ground. Apparently sometimes theres so much snow here, you can only see the tops of the road signs! I dont know if it gets that bad every year, but i hear this year is gonna be worse than last year. Pray I don't freeze! I need to make a sweater for Moss. Some of my friends have tried to tease me for wanting to make him a sweater...but when i see him shivering in 15-20 degrees, i cant imagine that his medium coat will keep him too warm in 10 below. 

Speaking of Moss, poor guy is getting neutered on friday. I got a free voucher from a program here, so it's all payed for. I was debating having it done for a while, but think it will be best. I won't have to worry about him getting my friends dogs pregnant, and maybe he'll be a bit calmer. He's becoming a real man. I hope taking his manhood away from him wont change him too much. He's starting to mark everything in sight. Even when he has no pee left, he'll still try to lift his leg on stuff. The other day in the pet store he marked the counter...haha I didn't realize it til I was leaving. 

It's starting to get pretty dark early here. And with no job and not much to do here, or many people to see, I don't have much to do but hang out in my trailer. Sometimes I like the privacy, but other times I feel like too much of a recluse. Now is one of those times. Pray that I will find something to be involved with in the community. Maybe volunteering or something, until I can find an actual job. More importantly, pray that I will use my time wisely to really dig into the Word and spend this time I have alone with God. It's so important right now, but sometimes it's hard for me to get motivated to do it. It's comforting to know that though lately I've been feelin kinda alone, that I'll never really truly be alone. The Lord is here with me and He want's all of me. I need to find my satisfaction in Him alone.

And of course I'm also thankful for my furry roommate to keep me company...

Photobucket
his most favorite spot

Photobucket

Photobucket
livin the high life

Photobucket
my ferocious guard dog

Photobucket

No comments: